AWS / DevOps Engineer
Are you an AWS / DevOps Engineer in the NYC Metro Area who would love to work at an awesome stable company with a PURE startup feel? How would you like to work 2 days per week from home? If this sounds interesting, please read on…
The unquestioned leader worldwide in Test Preparation & Education has an immediate need to grow their large DevOps team of 7 members to 11 members! Located in Midtown Manhattan, they are already running in a pure AWS environment with no bare metal servers. They are investing heavily in Amazon Web Services now & are looking to grow their team even more.
The company offers an amazing work life balance in which from the day you start, you work from home EVERY Friday, after your first month or so, and if you choose to do that, you can work from home 2 days per week. If need be, and you can develop trust with your manager, you can work from home all the time.
HOWEVER, THEY ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE CURRENTLY LOCATED IN THE NYC & NJ METRO AREAS.
What You’ll Be Doing :
- Approximately 20% of your job will be AWS & DevOps R&D (Find interesting & cool tech and then see if it fits into the goals of the team)
- Approximately 40 % of your job Will be Development – They run a Ruby / Chef/ AWS/ Docker Stack
- The final 40% of the role is Automation. Their motto is that nothing has to be automated twice to make everyone’s job easier, so automation is a really big deal to them
- You’ll also be working with tech such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, & other cool tech
What You Need to Have :
- A Very Open Mind & are really into collaborating with others
- Strong AWS experience (cli , coding within AWS etc..)
- Ruby is a requirement. Any kind of Ruby, whether it’s Ruby Scripting , Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Any experience with Docker and / or Kubernetes is a big plus.