AWS DevOps Engineer
Are you a DevOps Engineer with strong AWS looking to take that next step in new tech, big data & a fun fast paced environment?
Who we are:
Our company is the world’s leading content recommendation platform, operating at a very large scale, reaching over 500 Million unique users monthly and over 80% of the U.S. online population.
Our company is great for a lot of reasons, but for someone like you it’s ideal because:
- We are a Learning Organization, one that requires proficiency with new technologies and discovering how they integrate with what we’re building in-house.
- This particular role is one that has a lot of visibility and impact throughout the organization.
- Our team and company culture are focused on the things that matter – constant learning, trust, personal development and success.
Who you are:
A talented DevOps Engineer with a strong development orientation and desire for constant improvement, with both the ability and passion to learn new technologies.
You have proven production experience — something we like to ask during interviews is “What have you broken lately, and how did you fix it?”
What you’ll be doing :
- We are searching for a DevOps Engineer to play a crucial role in the “DevOps” landscape, working closely within development cycles, responsible for the production operational aspects of our firm’s services and new developments.
- You’ll be writing API’s in AWS managing traffic spikes within our AWS Infrastructure as well as our Linux Data Center Infrastructure
- Slowly but surely moving us out of “Bare Metal” and more into AWS
- Our current tech stack consists of AWS/ Python / Chef / and Docker, but we’re flexible.
Desired Technical skills:
- Experience with AWS
- Linux system engineering experience and good familiarity with Scripting (Shell, Python or Ruby)
- Configuration Management Tools Like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Familiarity with different types of data stores and caching mechanisms (Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis) is a PLUS
This is a crucial role for us to fill and we plan on setting up interviews in the next 48 hours so if you are qualified for this role, please apply now & we’ll call you back ASAP!