Senior DevOps Engineer
We are one of the premier technology platforms utilized in commercial real estate. We need a DevOps engineer to join our team and build out our DevOps culture. If you want to take the lead and join one of the top rated companies to work for in New York, then check this out.
What is the job?
You will join our tight knit engineering team to take our DevOps engineering and culture to the next level. You will work closely with our development team while implementing and owning all DevOps strategy and implementation. We are on AWS and we are about 80+ EC2 of varying sizes with approximately 12 or so RDS instances.
What skills does our ideal candidate need?
• AWS experience is mandatory – Our current infrastructure relies heavily on AWS EC2, RDS, VPCs, DNS and other services so the candidate needs to be very familiar with their product.
• Regarding AWS Depth: CLI/API/Console work is required. At a minimum, Console, but we want to evolve our DevOps process and culture so you will need to get up to speed on CLI/API.
• Ansible experience would be great! It is kind of a must-have, or at least a must-have to want to learn quickly.
• Coding will be centered around bash, with some light development work potentially required to help with deployment/configuration of Python and PHP applications.
• Regarding Scripting: The existing tools are python/bash so you will need to understand how to write and debug. Culturally, Go/Ruby aren’t issues as we encourage learning and diversity in language.
• Regarding config management: We use Circle CI right now. Circle CI would be great, but want to improve this and move to Jenkins.
• We need an AWS Expert; not a hobbyist at this stage in growth. We have real needs and real applications deployed which keep our lights on and salaries paid. We got this far with a Python engineer who turned to DevOps, we need you to take us further.
What is in it for you?
We offer a highly competitive and fully comprehensive compensation and benefits package. This includes:
• Salary: Up to $155,000 + Discretionary Bonus
• Choice of Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
• Unlimited Vacation
• Team outings and in-house activities such as brewing beer!
• Casual and Comfortable “Tech-First” Work Environment and too many others to list!
We are screening candidates and setting up interviews ASAP. Please apply to today