Senior Back End Java Developer
Since 2006 our company has been developing a content discovery platform guided by a single mission: to help people discover content that they can trust to be interesting, relevant, and timely. Today our recommendations reach hundreds of millions of users across a global list of premium media properties. Our firm is on the cutting edge of Big Data, Real Time Reporting, and is growing our Development team at a very rapid pace.
As part of our engineering team, you have the opportunity to take part in designing and building the platform; the ultimate real time revenue analytics platform for publishers.
We are looking for an experienced Back-End Engineer to help us continue to build and simplify the experience across our platform. We are seeking creative engineers who think outside of the box, solve complex problems pragmatically, execute quickly, and innovate – curious individuals who want to create something exciting every day. You can expect a great work life balance, excellent benefits, equity, and an open door policy all the way up to the CEO for innovative ideas. The tech team meets weekly over catered lunches to discuss the latest & greatest tech trends & if they are applicable to what the group is doing now. This is a dream job for a software engineer who is passionate about what they do!
Our ideal candidate will have :
- 5-10 years of Java-based server-side software engineering (Latest Being Java 7 or 8)
- The Ability to Work in small, agile team, designing & developing and testing new features for an innovative, large-scale, Java-based content distribution and management system.
- Experience in Data Structures, Trees, Algorithms is essential for this role
- EXPERIENCE WITH DFP IS A PLUS
- Excellent applied optimization skills (application performance optimization, query optimization, system optimization, stress/load testing, etc.)
- Security-minded development practices focused on prevention, detection and remediation of potential threats such as SQL Injection
- Experience with developing and deploying to a Cloud environment is a PLUS
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies and NoSQL such as Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Spark is a HUGE PLUS
- A BS Degree in a Computer Science Field is a PLUS