Full Stack Java Engineer
Do you want to work for a company that helps thousands of families and individuals plan, organize and manage their personal finances?
Our firm is NOT an investment firm, a bank or a brokerage. We help everyday American families get control of their spending, savings and money management through a cost-effective subscription based service!
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 150K to 175K+ base
- 15% bonus (guaranteed)
- 10K to 15K per year Pension (100% company paid, 3 year fully vested)
- 401K 6% matching
- 28 PTO and Holiday paid days per year
- Very Flexible work hours’ majority of team comes in between 10-11am and leave around 4:30PM – 5PM. We feel you come in and go when you want as long as the work is getting done.
- Summer Fridays work 1/2 day
- $5500.00 per year for education
- Unlimited Compensation for any certifications related to technology.
- And Much more
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
You would be responsible for enhancing and building the next generation of the company’s applications to inform, attract, and nurture potential new customers to its services. Some of the main challenges that you’ll be involved with are:
- Implementing effective UI enhancing UX;
- Collecting and interpreting analytics data
- Implementing APIs within microservices architectures; and scaling the application into our cloud infrastructure.
WHAT WE’D LIKE YOU TO KNOW
- 5+ years of relevant experience in web application development.
- Programming experience in Java or another JVM-based language.
- Experience with a popular Java web framework: Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Ratpack, vertx, or netty.
- Track record on proposing web application architectures & design.
- Proven experience with creating/maintaining Restful APIs.
- Designing and implementing Microservices.
- Exposure to both NoSQL / relational databases.
- Familiarity with git.
- Proficiency in writing useful / maintainable unit testing code.
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems.
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Math or related fields are a plus.
- Java 8 and/or JVM fine-tuning.
- Experience with AngularJS & Node.JS
- Exposure to websockets.
- Web Development with HTML, CSS, & SASS.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes or related technology.
- Familiarity with AWS is highly appreciated, especially EC2 and S3.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and familiarity with Jira.